Friday, March 10, 2006

Words that linger

I have been on vacation this whole week and I took a 48 hour solitude retreat on Monday and Tuesday. I did a lot of reading, praying and hiking. My next few posts will be some quotes that caused me to pause and reflect. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. They are still lingering in my heart, mind and soul.

"The question is not, how am I to find God? But, how am I to let myself be known by God? And finally the question is not, how am I to love God? But, how am I to let myself be loved byGod? God is looking into the distance for me, trying to find me, and longing for me to come home." From The Return of the Prodigal Son, by Henri Nouwen pg. 106.

1 comment:

dlweston said...

I feel like I've been struggling lately with letting God love me. This is a profound quote.

I hope you had a great vacation!