Sunday, January 07, 2007

new year prayer

i was sent this great prayer by my friend marlena. we are praying it as a communal benediction over the next few weeks in our worship gathering. try it on for size.

Father God,
enable us,
by your grace and empowerment,
to become . . .
expanders of life,
scatterers of laughter,
singers of songs,
makers of peace,
spreaders of good news,
healers of wounds,
tellers of truth,
practitioners of mercy,
sharers of joy,
weavers of community,
walkers in humility,
fulfillers of your dreams for us
spun in Jesus, our brother and Lord. Amen.

(from My Heart in My Mouth: Prayers for our Lives by Ted Loder)

1 comment:

Sarah Louise said...

Yay! I was going to email you for this prayer and now I don't have to. I love the scatterers of laughter (I'm sure that surprises you to no end...)

I'm very excited about this sermon series and good for you for holding folks accountable and NAMING them in the sermon.

And in case I haven't mentioned it lately, YOU ROCK!