Thursday, July 31, 2008

Brendan the navigator in Mexico

On Saturday my daughter Kyra and i and 8 others from the Open door leave for Mexico to work along side one of our partner churches in Mexico City. We will be doing medical work and relational evangelism in a remote village called Ahuatitla where they have planted some house churches. The highs will be between 100-110 degrees!!!!!

My main man John Creasy sent out this prayer to our team of the Celtic wanderer, Saint Brendan the Navigator. Please pray it with us as we journey to and from and all around Mexico over the next week.

Shall I abandon, O King of Mysteries, the soft comforts of home? Shall I turn my back on my native land, and my face toward the sea?

Shall I put myself wholly at the mercy of God, without silver, without a horse, without fame and honor? Shall I throw myself wholly on the King of kings, without a sword and shield, without food and drink, without a bed to lie on?

Shall I say farewell to my beautiful land, placing myself under Christ's yoke? Shall I pour out my heart to him, confessing my manifold sins and begging forgiveness, tears streaming down my cheeks?

Shall I leave the prints of my knees on the sandy beach, a record of my final prayer in my native land? Shall I then suffer every kind of wound that the sea can inflict?

Shall I take my tiny coracle across the wide, sparkling ocean? O King of the Glorious Heaven, shall I go of my own choice upon the sea?

O Christ, will you help me on the wild waves?

2 comments:

terry said...

peace with you...

Sarah Louise said...

and the last line should read: "Lord help me, the ocean is so big and my boat is so small." Traveling mercies as you come back to us soon!

xo,

SL