- In about 25 words each, answer the following five questions.
- Tag five presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged.
- Be sure to link to this original post.
- Leave a comment or send a trackback to this post so others can find you.
1) What is your favorite faith-based hymn, song or chorus?
Come thou Fount - we sang it last week and in our worship gathering and i just so identify with the lines that follow for they are my day to day story - indebted to grace b/c my heart is oh so prone to wander...
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it..
check out Sufjan Stevens rendition on Youtube
2) What was the context, content and/or topic of the last sermon that truly touched, convicted, inspired, challenged, comforted and/or otherwise moved you?
I recently went to Mexico with a mission partner church or ours and on Thursday night we had a worship service in three different languages, English, Spanish and Nauat. A pastor of a nondenominational church (Cesar) and he was preaching from Chronicles 19. And i cannot tell you the full content of the sermon but there was a reference in the sermon to the amount of tie that Jesus spent in prayer as a Jewish man -up to 5 hours a day. Cesar said Jesus spent 5 hours in prayer and with one touch power went out from him. The average Christians spend i minute and prayer and 5 hours trying to bring healing to the world. As an activist is challenged me to spend more time in prayer.
3) If you could have all Presbyterians read just one of your previous posts, what would it be and why?
4) What are three PC(USA) flavored blogs you read on a regular basis?
5) If the PC(USA) were a movie, what would it be and why?
Field of dreams - we still believe if we build it they will come